When I think back to the cookies of my childhood, there are several cookies that come to mind, but there is one cookie that I had the most fun eating while making them: chocolate chip cookies. I haven’t had chocolate chip cookies or chocolate in a decade, so when I found Dark Chocolate Dream 100% dairy free chocolate at a local grocery store I was very excited to give it a try. Now, it’s not top-notch gourmet chocolate (though when I took my first bite in 10 years it might as well have been gourmet), but it’s good dark chocolate and it works great in brownies and chocolate chunk cookies. That’s all I’ve made so far, but I look forward to having fun with chocolate again. Just so you know, this chocolate is completely dairy free and is made on equipment that is clean of all dairy. YEA!!!
Making these cookies brought me back to my childhood. Memories of making chocolate chip cookies with my mom and the gooey chocolaty goodness of the warm, fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies. These cookies take a bit more work because you have to cut up the chocolate, but they are soooo worth it!
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine sticks
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz. (4 3 oz. bars) Dark Chocolate Dream
· Preheat oven to 375 F
· Break up the chocolate bars into their scored pieces and then cut each triangle into 3-4 pieces depending on the size you want.
· Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly mix.
· In a large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
· Add the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla extract.
· Gradually add in the flour mixture. Scrape the sides as needed.
· Stir in the chocolate pieces.
· Bake for 9-11 minutes. They should be golden brown.
· Cool on a wire rack. (If you can wait that long)