Chocolate, sweet chocolate, how I’ve missed thee. I think chocolate was one of the hardest foods to give up. I still can only have a small amount or it will trigger headaches, but a little is better than none. And if you can only have a little, then I highly recommend this chocolate torte. It’s like chocolate mousse in cake form. A little bit of heaven. Make this for your family and friends and they will NEVER believe that it is dairy free!
12.5 squares (5oz) Dark Chocolate Dream chocolate
¾ cup + 2T sugar
½ cup rice milk
3large egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp Kahlua or coffee extract
¼ tsp salt
3 large egg whites at room temperature
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
· Heat oven to 350F
· Line the bottom of an 8” springform pan with wax paper and lightly spray the bottom and sides with the vegetable spray.
· Wrap bottom of pan with foil (and up the sides by 2 inches).
· Place the chocolate in a microwave proof bowl.
· Microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes to melt until smooth.
· In a small sauce pan, combine ¾ cup sugar and rice milk. Whisk together and ook for 2 minutes over medium heat, whisking constantly until smooth.
· Whisk the milk/sugar mixture into the melted chocolate until smooth.
· Stir in egg yolks, vanilla, Kahlua (or coffee extract) and salt.
· Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until foamy. You want the egg whites to form stiff, shiny peaks.
· Gradually beat in the remaining ¼ cup sugar; increase speed to high and beat just until stiff, but not dry. Be careful not to over mix to point of being dry.
· With a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture, ⅓ at a time.
· Fold in flour
· Spread in prepared pan.
· Place springform pan in a roasting pan.
· Pour enough water to reach 1” up the side of the pan.
· Bake for 30 minutes.
· Remove pan from water.
· Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack
· Discard foil. Remove sides of the pan and cool cake completely.
5 squares (2oz) semisweet Dark Chocolate Dream chocolate
2 tbsp rice milk
1 tsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp brandy, Kahlua or coffee extract
· Microwave chocolate on high in a medium bowl 1.5-2 minutes.
· Stir until smooth
· Stir in evaporate skim milk and corn syrup, until well blended.
· Add brandy, Kahlua (liquors) if desired
· Pour glaze over the top of the cake, spreading over the top and the sides.
thanks for sharing.
My pleasure! If you make it, please come back and let me know what you think.