I was out of my regular baking oil tonight, but I still wanted to make some brownies. As I looked through my pantry, I came across some hazelnut oil. So, I thought, “Why not?” Chocolate and hazelnut going well together, coffee and hazelnut go well together, and chocolate and coffee go well together, so all three should blend nicely. They did. I wasn’t sure how much the hazelnut oil would stand out. The hazelnut oil become more prominent as they cool. Oh my goodness, they are so dark, rich, decadent, and gooey!
Hazelnut Coffee Brownies
4 ounces Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Dream
⅓cup plus 1 tbsp regular hazelnut oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp black cocoa powder
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp coffee extract
· Preheat the oven to 350°F.
· Grease and flour a square 8 inch cake pan.
· In a medium bowl, combine and whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
· Melt the chocolate with the oil over low heat.
· Once melted, turn of the burner and add the sugar.
· Quickly stir in the eggs.
· Add vanilla and coffee extracts.
· Gently add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
· Pour into the prepared pan.
· Bake 23-25 minutes.
· Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
· Cut into 16 squares and remove from the pan.