I was out of my regular baking oil tonight, but I still wanted to make some brownies. As I looked through my pantry, I came across some hazelnut oil. So, I thought, “Why not?” Chocolate and hazelnut going well together, coffee and hazelnut go well together, and chocolate and coffee go well together, so all three should blend nicely. They did. I wasn’t sure how much the hazelnut oil would stand out. The hazelnut oil become more prominent as they cool. Oh my goodness, they are so dark, rich, decadent, and gooey!
4 ounces Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Dream
⅓cup plus 1 tbsp regular hazelnut oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp black cocoa powder
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp coffee extract
· Preheat the oven to 350°F.
· Grease and flour a square 8 inch cake pan.
· In a medium bowl, combine and whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
· Melt the chocolate with the oil over low heat.
· Once melted, turn of the burner and add the sugar.
· Quickly stir in the eggs.
· Add vanilla and coffee extracts.
· Gently add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
· Pour into the prepared pan.
· Bake 23-25 minutes.
· Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
· Cut into 16 squares and remove from the pan.