Today, I made a small tweak to my Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe. It is such a small change, but I really feel that it takes the cookie to the next level of yumminess. The flavor of the cookie hasn’t changed, but there is just a little more substance around the chocolate pieces. My husband and daughter couldn’t stop eating them.
2 ¼ cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine sticks
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz. (4 3 oz. bars) Dark Chocolate Dream cut into chunks
· Preheat oven to 375 F
· Break up the chocolate bars into their scored pieces and then cut each triangle into 3-4 pieces depending on the size you want.
· Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly mix.
· In a large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
· Add the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla extract.
· Gradually add in the flour mixture. Scrape the sides as needed.
· Stir in the chocolate pieces.
· Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should be golden brown.
· Cool on a wire rack.