I love salads, but in recent years, I haven’t eaten them as often as I use to. I like various oil and vinegar based salad dressings ok, but I really missed ranch dressing. That was my favorite. And now, it is again! I hope you enjoy this cool creamy dairy free ranch dressing over your next salad. This recipe should really be made ahead of time since it thickens after it sits for at least 30minutes and the dried onion flakes soften. But don’t worry if you don’t have the time to let it sit. I will include a short cut for making the dressing that will allow you to use it within 5-10 minutes. You can store the seasoning mix in a zip top bag in the fridge or any other airtight container.
Ranch Seasoning Mix
5 tbsp dried minced onions (onion powder will work if you do not have minced onions)
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp Ranch Seasoning Mix
1⅓ cup mayonnaise
⅓ cup rice milk
1½ tsp lemon juice
· Combine the mayonnaise, rice milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and whisk until there are no lumps in the mayonnaise.
· Whisk in the seasoning.
· Chill for 30 minutes before using it.
· Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
· Combine and stir the rice milk, lemon juice, and seasoning mix in a bowl.
· Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
· Whisk in the mayonnaise (whisk until there are no more mayonnaise lumps).