Disappearing Bars because they do not last very long. Disappearing Bars are vegan and can be made gluten free if you use nuts in place of the graham cracker crumbs and oats. The following brands of graham crackers are dairy free: Harris Teeter, Target, and Publix store brand and Baker’s Harvest graham crackers. The crackers are separated into 3 packages of crackers in the box and each package is about 1 cup after it’s been blitzed in a food processor.
No bake Disappearing Maple Bars are an easy and fun treat to make with the kids or by yourself. With the holiday season in the near future, these bars make a great gift for friends, family, neighbors, and teachers. I call them
10 tbsp Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine sticks
3 oz. dark chocolate (Dark Chocolate Dream-Pure Dark)
2 tbsp sugar
2 cups (approximately 2 packages) graham cracker crumbs
1 cup rolled oats
4-5 tbsp Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine sticks, softened
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp maple extract
1 tbsp rice milk
9 oz melted dark chocolate
· Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
· Put graham cracker crumbs into a mixing bowl.
· Pulse the oats and sugar in a food processor 6-7 times.
· Add oats to the graham cracker crumbs.
· Melt margarine and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until both are melted (stir between each 30 seconds).
· Stir the chocolate mixture into the graham cracker and oat mixture.
· Press into a 10”x15” pan.*
· Place in the fridge.
· In a medium mixing bowl beat the margarine, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and maple extracts, and rice milk.
· Spread over the graham cracker crust and put back in the fridge until the frosting is firm (about 1 hour).
· Melt the 9oz of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir between each 30 seconds.
· Quickly spread over the cooled frosting. This is best done in sections or the chocolate will harden before you get it spread over the whole thing like mine did.
· Let the chocolate harden.
· Cut into approximately 2-inch squares.
· Store in an airtight container.
*You can use a 9”x13” baking pan if you don’t have a larger one.