- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup sour milk*
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (plus 2 tbsp flour)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners and lightly spray the liners with cooking spray.
- Combine and whisk the first 5 ingredients (flour to nutmeg) in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine and whisk the liquid ingredients (sour milk to the egg).
- Make a well in the flour mixtures.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- In another small bowl, mix the blueberries and 2 tbsp of flour. This helps keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the muffin mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
*Sour Milk: Place 1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar into the measuring cup then fill to the 1 cup mark with rice milk (or the milk substitute of your choice).
© 2021 Copyright Down With Dairy Blog